Special thanks to RJ Custom Jewelry for their support this month.
Service Dogs of Florida is a not-for-profit organization that offers dignity, hope, and independence by providing highly trained & skilled service dogs and technology to individuals with disabilities while serving the community by advancing public education of disabilities, the ADA and service dogs through advocacy, education, research and service.
Service Dogs of Florida, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with no paid employees that relies only on donations from individuals, corporations and foundation grants to do our work. Monetary donations are always appreciated and tax deductible! We do not receive any Federal, State or Government funding. We operate entirely off donations from the public.
We provide disabled Florida Residents service dogs for:
- Mobility – Pick up items, pull wheelchair, open & close doors, assist in balance.
- Hearing – Alerts handler to specific sounds and take handler to them.
- PTSD – Assist in keeping a person grounded and trained to alert when mental state changes.
- Seizure Prediction – Train pets to be service dogs that already naturally detect handlers seizures and alert them before they occur. (very rare)
- Seizure Response – Train a dog to respond to a seizure while it occurs by holding the handler down, getting help or barking to attract attention.
- Medical Alert – Train dogs for invisible conditions and to alert the handler.
- Diabetic Alert – Train dogs to detect high or low blood sugar levels and alert handler.
- Emotional Support Animal (ESA) – Train basic obedience of pet dogs for therapeutic use in housing.
- Therapy Dogs – We do not train therapy dogs for hospital use, refer to Therapy Dogs International. Many of our wash-outs, become therapy dogs.
- No GUIDE Dogs – We do not train guide dogs for the blind, refer to South Eastern Guide Dogs
- OWNER-TRAINER Assistance – Several disabled train their own service dogs and later need assistance. We are creating a program to offer support for individuals in this category. Classes, testing, guidance and trainer mentoring.
Visit us on FaceBook
We offer assistance, sponsorships and partnerships with like minded charities and programs. We are proud to offer a sponsorship to the following service dog programs.